Are You Ready For #GivingTuesdayNow?
The International Day For Giving Back Has Expanded
A new global day of giving has been added to the #GivingTuesday movement we all know and love. However, it is coming up fast! #GivingTuesdayNow is set to take place on May 5th and was created as an emergency response to the global need created by COVID-19. Just like regular GivingTuesday, nonprofits across the globe can use this day to bring attention to the important missions they serve, especially if their missions help people that have been impacted by the pandemic.
COVID-19 has changed our world in many ways and has brought a large number of challenges with it. We are all worried about our communities, the missions we serve and support, our families, and our friends. There is one common trend I have noticed across the news and social media; people are still helping each other. Amid the disaster, people have taken to their sewing machines to make masks for healthcare workers that are in desperate need of protective equipment, and many companies have halted manufacturing to begin making face shields for hospitals and sanitizer for cleaning.
The world's largest generosity movement has developed this new initiative to inspire donors to engage during this crisis. Individuals and communities are encouraged to help a neighbor, be an advocate for frontline workers, and of course, donate to the nonprofits that serve people most affected by this pandemic.
#GivingTuesdayNow will be a day of giving, generosity, and unity. It will undoubtedly be a catalyst for major giving in a global community of people who want to help. Donors know and understand the healing power of remaining connected and striving to make a positive change during times of need.
What can fundraisers do to prepare?
Don't hold back on fundraising, now is the time to empower your donors to help, if they can. But just like GivingTuesday during the holiday season, it isn't just about raising funds...it's about making connections and spreading hope.
- First, join the movement. Fill out the form to share that your nonprofit is participating in GivingTuesdayNow.
- Download the toolkit. GivingTuesday has put together a helpful toolkit that can be your guide to ensuring a successful day. Need graphics? They have already created them for you! Download a graphics and logo kit here.
- Set goals and create a strategy. Since this is an “emergency” response, you don’t have a lot of time to prepare. Be strategic and set reasonable expectations for what you can accomplish between now and May 5th.
- Begin the conversation with your donors now. Make sure they know about this newly added day of giving and inform them on how your nonprofit plans to participate.
- Share your nonprofit's good news and any good news about your specific mission. People draw inspiration from feel-good stories, and it helps spread hope during these dark times.
- Thank your supporters. This is the perfect day to show them how your mission has benefited from their support.
GivingTuesdayNow is an amazing opportunity for you to connect with your donors, and find new donors looking for ways to activate and nurture their instinct to help during times of immense crisis. We’re all in this together!